The other day I went through an old Real Simple magazine (aren’t they amazing?) and I saw a recipe for “Salmon with Warm Lentil Salad” – the picture and the description sounded amazing, so I decided to try it. (And lemme just say, I’m still pattin’ myself on the back for this one.)
Salmon: In an olive-oiled-pyrex I put the two fillets. Then I salt-and-peppered them, added a little WHITE WINE and more olive oil on top then put them in the oven until they were “done”.
Warn Lentil Salad (mine was cold): Real Simple Recipe (with my alterations) – serves 4
– 1 cup green LENTILS, rinsed SALT and BLACK PEPPER (I used a jar of already-made Lentils with no salt and no pepper)
– 2 tablespoons of OLIVE OIL
– 2 tablespoons of red-wine vinegar
– 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
– ¼ cup red onion, chopped (I used green onion the first time I made this b/c it’s milder… definitely a good choice!)
– ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely (I didn’t use any… mainly b/c I forgot)
– 1 bunch arugula, torn (about 4 cups) (I used a mix of arugula & canon – canónigos in Spanish – it is like straight up bunny food)
– 1 lemon, cut into wedges (I did not get fancy with any lemons… just wasn’t feelin’ it for the salmon or the lentil salad)
– Combine the vinegar, mustard, onion, parsley, about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper (I just tossed some in, no clue if it was ¼ or not…) and stir it up.
– Add the lentils and arugula to the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve with salmon and lemon wedges.
Because in Spain lunch is enormous, and I had time on Saturday, I also accompanied “violet rice” – from Laos (look how fancy I am!) with the salmon and lentils. I added some HONEY to the rice before I served it and also added a teeeeny tawny little QUAIL EGG on top!
Not only is this salad and meal muy delicioso, it is super healthy for you, reeeediculously easy, looks fancy and is great for every season. Plus you can combine it with whatever you want – the possibilities are endless!